Due to current conditions, Rocky View County Fire Services has issued a FIRE ADVISORY for East Rocky View County, effective immediately. This advisory represents a moderate fire risk and will remain in effect as long as conditions remain.
During a FIRE ADVISORY, all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational camp fires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring (must register with central fire dispatch at 403-264-1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during an advisory, visit our Fire Bans & Advisories webpage.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit AlbertaFireBans.ca.
Please share this email with any of your neighbours who haven’t signed up with the Safe & Sound system.
Log in to update your Safe & Sound information at www.rockyview.ca/safe or call 403-230-1401.